james roberts coaching
Sports Team Management Services
sports team management services
developing your athletes
As the Management Company of National Cycling Race Team JRC Shutt Ridley, we have been planning and delivering multi day and single day training camps and workshops over the last 3 years. Designing the sessions to encompass the needs of the team at the time, can be anything including;
- Nutrition for performance
- Recovery and sleep
- Post event Stretching | Core Conditioning
- Event specific race skills
- Reading a race manual/understanding the demands of a stage race
- Working as a team/working to the strengths of individual riders
- Time Management (work/studies/family)
Training Camps and Workshops can be delivered anywhere in the UK
- Hotels/group accommodation
- Cycling Training circuits
- Indoor/outdoor velodromes
- Online (zoom)
- the location is entirely flexible
With experience of working with the development of Under 18 youth & junior athletes, we are fully DBS checked with safeguarding certification. Please call us directly to discuss your club or team requirements.
DEVELOPING YOUR TEAM
A typical training camp could include;
Friday evening: arrival from 17:00, evening meal 18:30, workshop 20:00, bed 22:00.
Saturday morning: Breakfast (7am) workshop (Core Strength) 08:30 Workshop (Reading a Race Manual) 10:30
Saturday afternoon: Road Ride 13:30, bike wash 17:00 dinner 18:30 Workshop 20:00 bed 22:00
Sunday morning: breakfast 7am Track session 08:30 – 12:00 Final roundup 12:30 Home 13:00
WORKING WITH THE ATHLETE
Over a year, you have the ideal opportunity to deliver the knowledge and understanding of a range of topics, to cover the diverse world of being an athlete.
- Knowing what your body needs to fuel the demands of training
- Understanding the recovery processs,
- How to balance studies with training and family life,
- How to work with your team mates,
- Social media for you and your team
Are just some examples of sessions we’ve delivered, both on and off the bike. The choice is yours, every team is different, just get in touch and find out how we can help deliver some fun, exciting workshops to your athletes.